Thursday, February 26, 2015

First Aid Kit made this year’s albums – Swedish newspaper Svenska Dagbladet

Tove Los solo career started in 2012, but it was not until last year that it got real wind in the sails. At this year’s Grammy Gala, located in a glam Cirkus in Stockholm, was awarded 27-year-old with the price of the two prestigious categories this year’s artist and song of the year for chart topper “Habits (Stay High)” – flit round played on the radio both at home and in the US.

Furthermore, it was the first time she visited the Gala.

– It feels fantastic, unreal. Had I gone gala a few years ago, I sat there and dreamed, and now you can experience both this and the dream at the same time, says Tove Lo said.

She says she does not want to that prices will mean so much – but they still do it. Especially now that she just is back after a throat operation.

– My year has been crazy, I’ve given a lot to myself to my songs and my music and remained at home after surgery, so getting get back at it this way feels magical. I like to buy vinyls, for then you have an artwork associated with the music. A little so it is with prices too, it’s something to keep in, says Tove Lo.

Anyone who is hardly a newcomer in the Grammy-context, Kent singer Joakim Berg. During the band’s 25+ year career, they have picked home no less than 21 Grammies. This year they did a repeat of his first success in 1995 when they received the evening’s top prize, in the category of this year’s rock, thanks to his eleventh album “Tigerdrottningen” – for which Joakim Berg, who, however, were not in place, later in the evening too awarded that year’s lyricist.

The prize for the album went to the two sisters Johanna and Klara Söderberg of First Aid Kit, for the critically acclaimed album “Stay Gold”.

– There is a great honor, says Klara Söderberg.

However, there was “only” a prize this time – two years ago, they went home from the gala with four statuettes.

– I believe in Somehow we are even happier this year, because we have got to do this even further. It was so new then, and this is yet another proof that people like us, says Johanna Söderberg.

2014 was the year when “live life” became a familiar phrase. The quotation author, hip-hop artist Lorentz, was awarded this year’s hip-hop / soul for his first solo album “Love Songs”. Newcomer of the Year was Seinabo Sey while rapper Silvana Imam, nominated in three categories, went home empty handed.

In the category of this year’s pop won Josefine “Little Jinder” Jinder.

– This is a such a sick thing, which I never thought would happen to me. I figured I did not touch me in this sphere, then I get a sudden price. That’s fine with that sort of affirmation, because I had the image of myself, says the Little Jinder, who also handed out an award at the gala with his mother, nationwide fiddler Åsa Jinder.

Last year’s acclaimed record industry Sven-Bertil Taube with Grammy Gala Honorary Award. This year, he received instead receive the prize for best folk / view, while the honorary prize went to jazz singer Lill Lindfors, whose debut album has 50 years of history.

The ceremony was rounded off when Teddy Bears took the stage together with young rising star Baby Trish .

Grammy Awards for broadcast in BBC1 and SVT Play will start at 21:00.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment