Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Super Talent Martin Garrix to Summerburst – Göteborgs-Posten

DJ prodigy Martin Garrix comes to Summerburst. – Awesome to perform for so many people who want to party, says Martin Garrix.

The 18-year-old Martin Garrix is ​​still best known for his big hit Animals. Right now, he combines touring with getting ready their debut album that will come later this year.

– I have 33 songs that I work with and have not decided who will eventually end up on the disc. My goal is to create a unique sound throughout the album and it feels like I am well on the way. I have some really heavy collaborations on the album too, but what it boils down to is unfortunately secret so far, says Martin Garrix.

It is clear in any case that Garrix and another rising star, Ed Sheeran, working on a song together. The Dutchman is secretive about the details, but is excited about getting to know the Englishman who quickly became a star with love ballad Thinking out loud.

– We got along really well right from the first moment, in the studio, but also as friends. He inspires me in many ways, says Martin Garrix.

as a few years ago, Martin Garrix to save up for his first dj stuff was when he saw his countryman Tiësto on television. Young Garrix wanted to do the same and of course it works inspired by the success of the large, Swedish EDM names.

– To the Swedish legends Avicii, Axwell and Ingrosso also come to Summerburst is so cool. I really respect them and not least how they could move closer to pop music and establish EDM as mainstream music, says Martin Garrix, who also wants to make music that reaches out to a wide and large audience.

A lot has To find melodies as effective as it hit song Animals.

– A good melody must be both catchy and original. Is it not original, no one will find that it is special and it is not catchy, no one will remember it. Just when it comes to Animals as I had had a draft lying for several years and then I put a lot of work to refine the idea. But I had never imagined that it would have such an impact.

Life is for Martin Garrix, while he is aware that several of the other big stars in the EDM scene had problems with both health and abuse when their careers spun too fast.

– I’m enjoying this ride, I’m living my dream. But I am grateful that usually have with me both family and friends who make sure I retain both feet on the ground.

Read more: tickets left for summer concerts at Ullevi

More about Summerburst here.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment