Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Satyricon vocalist affected by brain tumor – Aftonbladet

Sigurd Wongraven, lead singer of the black metal band Satyricon, have suffered from a brain tumor.

He was told after more than a week in hospital.

– I can live with it as long as it does not get bigger, he wrote on Instagram.

Sigurd “Satyr” Wong Raven is the lead singer of the Norwegian black metal band Satyricon . The band has been around since 1991 and in September 2013 they released a self-titled album recorded at the Norwegian National Opera.

Now, Wong Raven hit by the disease, reports the Verdens Gang. On Instagram, he explains that he suddenly became ill eight days ago and went to hospital. Then he got the news that he has a brain tumor.

– X-rays have shown that there is a visitor in my head. Probably it is benign, he writes.



“Remove it is very complicated”

Because the tumor is benign avoid Wong Raven surgery to remove it – at least right now.

– I can live with it as long as it does not become larger. To remove it is very complicated and should only be done if it becomes so large that it is a matter of life or death, he writes.

Although the diagnosis is the singer of good cheer.

– We are all ours, and this is my thing. There are so many people who have to live with much worse things than me, so I do not pity myself. I have a large family, many friends, Satyricon, Wong Raven Wines and many people who support me all over the world, he writes.



“Bring back my strength”

Now planning Sigurd Wong Raven two weeks of recovery. Then he wants to go back to work, both with his band and his vinmärke.

– I will spend the next two weeks to get back my strength, then try to start writing the new Satyricon projects and continue My vinprojekt he writes.

In the comment field below the picture he supported the band’s fans, who wish him well and fast recovery.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment