It was just as messy as an MTV gala is expected to be.
The night’s main person of the year’s Video Music Awards was Kanye West who received the special award “Michael Jackson Vanguard Video Award”.
In his acceptance speech fit he was about to launch himself as – America’s next president.
– I will stand for election in 2020, said the hip-hop star in his thundering speech.
“Now we know what happens when Kanye’m at,” joked the evening’s host Miley Cyrus after the hip-hop icon received its special price.
Well, Kanye West admitted he smoked grass before he got up on stage to receive the statuette from none other than Taylor Swift – singer, he stole the show from the right VMA awards six years ago.
– I will often the first time I met you, said Kanye West and directed to Swift during a moment when he seemed remorseful.
– When I’m at a baseball game and 60,000 in the audience booing at when passing the middle head.
The story is well known. Kanye West jumped up on stage while Taylor Swift just would like to thank for her music video prize in 2009. He stole her microphone and exclaimed that “Beyoncé made one of the best music videos ever.”
Kanye’s own speech last night seemed more like waffle, where he was one moment looked to be about to cry, and the next was directly defiant against both the organizer MTV and the industry at large.
He ended with the comment:
– You may have already figured it out now that I am here, but I will stand in the presidential election in 2020.
The evening included other dramatic sequences – as when Nicki Minaj went on the attack against the landlady of Miley Cyrus.
It was after having received the prize for the hip-hop video of Minaj would leave the floor to Cyrus again.
– And Now , back to this bitch who had many opinions about me in the press this week, what happens Miley ?, exclaimed Minaj with ice-cold eyes.
That she was referring to was an interview Miley Cyrus made the New York Times, She claimed that the artist colleague was rude and a bad loser when she was nominated for a VMA category for best choreography.
– I was not the price in 2008, it did nothing, it’s just a price !, responded Miley Cyrus in the night, as if to re-emphasize that Minaj was fainthearted.
Among the night appearances stack Macklemore and Ryan Lewis out with his new song “Downtown “. Performed live on stage – for the first time in over television year – did the teen idol Justin Bieber with a flying numbers.
The evening’s most acclaimed apparel (except Miley Cyrus who underwent countless freaked outfits) bar model Amber Rose . She came to the gala in a tight jumpsuit covered in the “things she has been called,” she told MTV’s broadcast.
Over her whole body was words like “whore”, “end” and “gold Digger “in large letters.
The evening’s other big winners were Taylor Swift took home the prize for video and year popvideo, both for” Bad Blood “- a song produced by Max Martin and Shellback.