Thursday, September 11, 2014

Swedish Lykke Li about the collaboration with U2 – Expressen

Lykke Li “overwhelmed” U2.

Now, says the Swedish star on the spectacular collaboration with Bono came to.

– Can Marie J Blige do it, so can I, too, says Lykke Li to Rolling Stone.

This Wednesday told U2 that their new album “Songs of Innocence” will be available for free for half a billion fans.

one of the songs, “The Troubles”, involved the Swedish star Lykke Li , 28.

It was a year and a half ago as “Songs of Innocence” -producenten Brian “Danger Mouse” Burton Swedish contacted to inquire about a possible collaboration.

– He texted me “Hey, do you want to sing a U2 song. I answered “Well, I do not know. Sure. “It was a different question to ask, she tells Rolling Stone.



” Bono was very kind “

Recording together with Bono was done in London.

– The song has so much depth that you do not need to completely understand what the text is about to understand the heart and soul, says the Swedish star to the Rolling Stone.

Cooperation worked well.

– Bono was very kind. He was the quiet leader, instructed me how I would find the right tone – which I do not usually do. For the most part, they let me do my own thing, but we tried different things to whisper or scream, everything was about creating intimacy. We turned off all the music and singing along to the drums, it was about finding the song’s core., I had the amazing, she tells Rolling Stone.

“completely overwhelmed”

and

– It is one of the world’s biggest bands, and can be Marie J Blige do it, so can I also, says Lykke in the interview, referring to the singer’s collaboration with U2 in the super hit song “One”.

Bono was full of admiration for Lykke Li’s performance.

– He said that everyone was completely overwhelmed, says Lykke Li to Rolling Stone.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment