Fun Bac’n is transformed into Studio 54 when the film about the Björn Borg played in Gothenburg, sweden. – Studio 54 was a hedonistic world in which Björn Borg being absorbed into, says director Janus Metz.
the Team behind the film, the Borg, if tennislegendarerna Björn Borg and John McEnroe, have filmed in Gothenburg for the last twelve days. On Tuesday, the was scenes with 200 extras on the Bac’n in the centre of Gothenburg, which currently represents classic New York club Studio 54, where the kändiselit partied loss.
Practiced fifteen hours a week
It is also on the Bac’n the more than half-hour delay of the press conference with, among others, when Sverrir Gudnason (Björn Borg) and Shia Labeouf (John McEnroe) and Tuva Novotny (Mariana Borg) and Stellan Skarsgård (the coach Lennart Bergelin) takes place. Sverrir Gudnason has let the hair grow out to a very Borg-like hairstyle and has also put a lot of time on training.
- I have never been any time another teen movie, now would I suddenly play fifteen hours a week. In the beginning it was terrible, but after a while I began to think about it, ” says Sverrir Gudnason who get the praise of Shia Labeouf.
- He takes me in tennis, he is good at really, ” says the american, who previously appeared among others in the Transformers films.
Realistic tennis scenes
the Director Janus Metz says that you put a lot of time and effort to make the tennis scenes are realistic and credible and said that you had professional tennis players on the spot as a sounding board during the recording.
- We have dealt with the tennis is a bit like stuntscener and so have we filmmaker a pretty hefty trollerilåda to use, says Janus Metz who, along with writer Ronnie Sandahl points out that the actual tennis actually has a supporting role in the film.
Rivals that become friends
- the Core of the story is about two young men, with the whole world’s expectations on their shoulders, which is constantly painted out as each other’s rivals. Eventually realize both that the only person who really understands them is also their main rival. Then develop a friendship from there, ” says Ronnie Sandahl which mean that you will not need to have any track at Björn Borg and John McEnroe to have the exchange of the movie.
- the Premise for my script writing has always been that the film will be relevant even if biobesökaren don’t know what these two guys are. Otherwise, we would not have made the movie, says Ronnie Sandahl.
however, he rock stars
the Director Sverrir Gudnason explains how the story also carried by the Borgs and McEnroes personalities on and off the tennis court and how although they came from different backgrounds and environments to find each other.
- Björn Borg was sprung from a socialist small community that is changing to a more individualistic society. John McEnroe was the more outgoing from the outset and Bears were attracted to the celebrity life in New York. Borg and McEnroe was the however, he the rock stars, ” he says.
He comeback in the Swedish film
the Film, which will premiere next year, also depicts the drama around and in the Wimbledon finals in 1980. A match is counted as tennishistoriens most legendary fight.
- I saw it in my then wife’s family’s summer house. They were sports crazy with the whole family so there were a few Wimbledon summers there. I myself am totally uninterested in sports, but the one where the Wimbledon finals grew into something much more than just a game of tennis, ” says Stellan Skarsgård, who also was on site during the pressträffen, thus making the role of Björn Borg’s coach Lennart Bergelin.
Borg becomes the first Swedish film production veteran Skarsgård involved in since the film about Arn, 2007.
- It is not that I kept me away, I have been busy with other things. This was a very well-written script that attracted.
the Facts: the Film about the Borg
Director: Janus Metz (True detective, Armadillo)
Cast: Sverrir Gudnason, Shia LeBoeuf, Tuva Novotny, Stellan Skarsgård, Robert Emms mflManusförfattare: Ronnie Sandahl (Svenskjävel)
Björn Borg Born in 1956,grew up in Södertälje, sweden. Eleven grand slam titles as singles players. The world number one in 109 weeks.
John McEnroe: Born in 1959, grew up in Queens, New York. Seven grand slams as a single player. The world number one for 170 weeks