The actor Tomas Pontén is dead.
– We were all there. It has been going on for a while. All were prepared and it was fine, says son Simon Pontén Expressen.
Tomas Pontén is known for its role in interpretations of the Royal Dramatic roles in “Dead spots” and “Tusenbröder”.
He was 69 years old.
Actor Tomas Pontén has died after a long illness. For some time he lived in an elderly and care homes in Stockholm, where he should have died on Tuesday, writes Expressen.
– We were all there. It has been going on for a while. All were prepared and it was fine, says son Simon Pontén to the newspaper.
At the Royal Dramatic Theatre since 1972
Pontén is among other things known from the television series “Skärgårdsdoktorn,” “Dead spots” and “Tusenbröder” and the films “The Bomber” and “threat”.
Tomas Pontén was born in Skövde in 1946 and grew up on Lidingö outside Stockholm.
In 1972, he graduated from the National scene school. He then became directly a part of the Theatre’s ensemble, and over the years has played in including Laclos “Dangerous Liaisons” and Shakespeare “King Lear”.
The Royal Dramatic Theatre drama was the base for Tomas Pontén, while he made guest appearances in the film, television and radio. He has also directed productions at the Royal Dramatic Theatre and Theatre Brunnsgatan in Stockholm.
Tomas Pontén was the little brother of the award-winning fashion designer Gunilla Pontén . Between 1983 and 2000 he was with the actor Suzanne Reuter , and they have three sons together. He also had a relationship with actor Lena .
“Feel the heart”
Reality-profile Hakan “ferry-Håkan” Hallin was friends with Tomas Pontén during the last ten years. They got to know each other through common friends.
– He was a good buddy who you called and talked to sometimes. We had crayfish together at his home, and he was down with me in Thailand and greeted says Håkan Hallin.
The last time he met Tomas Pontén was just over a month and a half ago.
– He’s been bad, I was at home with him on a visit.
Hakan received the sad news of his friend’s death during the night of Wednesday.
– When there is no one felt more than others feel it in my heart.