Max Martin, hit it big as Britney Spears songwriter and producer. Now he is one of the two Polar Prize winners. He feels grateful.
– Thank you very much. It is a great honor. See you in Stockholm in June, says Max Martin.
Artist Britney Spears says that Max Martin is a perfectionist and therefore challenging, but fun.
– working with him is in some ways difficult, because I’m always afraid I’ll do something wrong. But he is very fun to work with, says Britney Spears, as she congratulates Max Martin to the Polar Prize.
Fredrik Eliasson P4 Stockholm did last year, a documentary about Max Martin.
– He has had over 50 songs in the top ten of the US Billboard charts, and all 21 first places as a songwriter on the Billboard says Fredrik Eliasson.
– as a songwriter, it is actually only John Lennon and Paul McCartney has more ones on the US Billboard.
Max Martin’s work spans a long time.
– We have constantly a few songs on the playlist is Max Martin, says Rita Jernquist, music producer on P4 Skaraborg and P4 West.
Polar Prize was instituted by music publisher Stig Anderson. The prize is 1 million Swedish crowns per prize winner and it’s King Carl XVI Gustaf will present the award at the Stockholm Concert Hall in June.
Just as previously named an award winner in popular music and the classical. The second prize winner is Italian mezzo-soprano Cecilia Bartoli. Both of her parents were opera singers, so she got up early singing lessons at home.
– Each day, I got maybe ten minutes of voice teaching of the mother, while the pasta boiled, laughing Cecilia Bartoli.
Johan Korsell, program CD revue P2 is fascinated by Cecilia Bartoli.
– musically, she has all things needed for this repertoire she specializes in. A fantastic koloraturteknik and she is a lovely artist also says Johan Korsell.
Which weight has since Polar Prize outside Sweden?
– It has been well discussed. Previously well-impact lacking, but now there have been a number of years, you probably ought to be greater awareness. It zeros in on large, fairly obvious artists as winners, says Johan Korsell.
On the classical side Polar Prize compared with Danish Léonie Sonning Music Prize.
– as for the classical side, it feels good do not like the Polar Music Prize is as big as the Danish Léonie Sonning Music Prize, which incidentally Cecilia Bartoli received in 2010.
– it’s funny that it’s a price that rewards that you’ve had a long career. When it comes to popular music, it can otherwise involve very short careers, says Rita Jernquist, music producer P4.