Thursday, February 11, 2016

Max Martin: “I want to keep it simple” – Aftonbladet

super producer Max Martin sound never interviewed.

He does not like attention.

But now the Polar Prize winner for a derogation for DI Weekend.

– If no one recognizes one, if nobody cares, it’s easier not to fly away, he tells the magazine.

Max Martin , or Martin Sandberg as his real name, has written 21 songs that have reached number one on the Billboard charts in the US. He is behind songs like Britney Spears “… Baby One More Tome” and Backstreet Boys “I Want It That Way”, but even so, many people do not even know what he looks like.

And that’s the way he wants it.

– My life is so much easier without attention. I are not on social media. I do not do so at all. I meet people who have many problems that have this kind of thing to do. ‘People think so and so about me.’ But they had not had those problems if, like me, had not read it. I want to keep it simple, says Max Martin to the journalist Jan Gradvall in the DI Weekend.

READ ALSO ‘Max Martin – spot Prize winners’

Max Martin has never done a great interview. The last time he did an interview at all was in Time magazine in 2001.

– If no one recognizes one, if nobody cares, it’s easier not to fly away. It is very difficult if you are a famous artist. I have seen very many examples of when it has gone bad, he says to DI Weekend.

He talks about keeping his ego in check.

– In my case my wife has been strongly contributing to I stay on earth. My wife and some friends. But it is hard. I can certainly understand artists who suffer from it. It is also one reason why I have chosen to keep me from what we do now (interview situation), says Max Martin.

The 44-year-old producer has managed to achieve a lot. At least said. He has 499 songs registered with STIM. On June 16, he will receive the Polar Music Prize at a ceremony at the Stockholm Concert Hall.

READ ALSO Max Martin for severe slump: “Took no”

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment