Wednesday, March 9, 2016

George Martin – the fifth Beatle’s death – Expressen

George Martin – known as “the fifth Beatle” – became 90 years old. It is one of four members, Ringo Starr, who writes about the death on his Twitter account. In a post sends drummer condolences to George Martin’s family.

“God bless George Martin. Peace and love to Judy and his family. All the love from Ringo and Barbara. George will be missed. Thanks for all your love and kindness, George, “writes Ringo Starr.

George Martin became the his career multi-Grammy Award-winning and was knighted in Britain in 1996. in addition to the Beatles, he also worked with celebrities like Gerry & amp; The Pacemakers, Ella Fitzgerald and Shirley Bassey. George Martin was also behind the remake of Elton John’s “Candle in the Wind” after Princess Diana’s death in 1997.

George Martin was behind the 30 number ones in the UK and 23 ones in the US.

READ MORE: Paul McCartney healthy and playing air guitar

George Martin produced the Beatles

George Martin was the record producer who signed a record deal with the Beatles in 1962. He then produced in Virtually all of the legendary pop group songs. George Martin was during his long career, multiple Grammy Award-winning. He was also knighted in Britain for exactly 20 years ago, in 1996. His own close relationship with The Beatles, George Martin described in his book “All You Need Is Ears” from 1979, writes Billboard.

The Beatles reaped its greatest successes during the 60′s. Altogether the band has sold around 1.3 billion discs. With 20 number one hits on the US singles chart Billboard Hot ports Beatles at number one. The band formed in Liverpool in 1960. The band was composed during the golden years of John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr mentioned above.

George Martin also wrote the music for the James Bond movie “Live and Let Die” together with Paul McCartney.

1999 he was elected into the “Rock and roll hall of fame.”

READ MORE: Paul McCartney banned from afterparty

Pernilla Andersson got George Martin Award

George Martin also had a lot of Sweden couplings. Among other things, the Swedish Pernilla Andersson got Sir George Martin Music Award , a scholarship. 2013 awarded artist and producer of the scholarship of SEK 100 000 and she got when even a greeting from George Martin.

“Dear Pernilla, I would like to extend my warmest congratulations to you because you were Sir George Martin Music Award. I can not think of anyone who deserves it more than you. I love your versatility, I’m something of a factotum myself. you are now at about the age I was when I started to work with the Beatles, when I lost myself yourself in the music we create. I know you will continue to achieve great things and I look forward to hearing about your successes in all the ways to reach them. Again, my congratulations and warmest regards, George Martin. “

on the website of the price is also Pernilla Andersson’s response after she learned that she was awarded the price.

“When I got the call that I had been assigned to Sir George Martin Music Award, I started laughing and crying at the same time and had to put me down. to be rewarded for acting in his spirit is probably the biggest confirmation I received in my career and I feel extremely honored and proud. He is a huge role model for me, “she wrote then.

Also the musician Nils Landgren has received the price. 2010 was George Martin also awarded an honorary doctorate at Lund University.

George Martin became 90 years old.

Follow Expressen Entertainment on Facebook – where you can comment and discuss our articles.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment