The 23-year-old was kidnapped and taken away in a car from the Castle Square in Gävle on 4 April.
Yesterday he was found dead outside Sundsvall – probably murdered.
Seven people detained as suspected of the crime.
police in Sundsvall confirmed yesterday that a dead man was found at a site south of Sundsvall at 12.30 o’clock. Police technicians have been on site. “The body has not yet been identified, but the man is identical with the person who is missing in a case of kidnapping in Gävle where several people detained,” the police on his website.
Prosecutors at the International Public Prosecution Office has in addition to the investigation of människorovet now also launched a preliminary investigation regarding the murder. Seven people detained on suspicion of involvement in the crime.
Some details of the body was found and in what condition it was the police have not wanted to reveal.
ripped into the car
Witnesses have told how the 23-year-old was torn into a car and driven away from the Castle car park in Gävle with screeching tires on the evening of 4 april.
a 23-year-old woman who had been with 23- year-old the night he disappeared was arrested first, and was arrested for complicity in kidnapping. The woman had access to an apartment in Gävle.
Later arrested six more people, two of them at the Oresund Bridge in Malmo when they tried to leave the country. Four men, two 20 year olds, a 30- and a 32-year-old was detained by Gävle District Court on probable cause suspected of kidnapping.
Two of the men is the detainees woman’s brothers and the third, 32-year-old, her ex-husband who she has children.
Another of brothers, 20 and 21 years old, were arrested on suspicion of aiding and abetting the kidnapping. All the detainees deny the charges.
Gävle police have appealed to the public for tips on kidnapping. It is believed that several cars were involved.
The last track – burned out car
The car that 23-year-old was abducted in found late one night a few days later north of Sundsvall, burnt out and abandoned. It was a private person who saw the light of the car and raised the alarm.
When the fire brigade arrived at the place burned car still. Some people seemed not to.
One of the detainees is the owner of the burned-out car. He will be under the registration office to have become the owner of the car the same day – April 4 – the kidnapping took place. April 12 was the car of.
In police interviews, he claimed that it has become a technical fault on the car and therefore left the road.
A hotel near the discovery site says that the car was next to a forest run-down in the ditch.
the following day, several policemen came to the scene and searched the surrounding area, says this.
police secretive about the details
the investigation of människorovet – and now the murder – led by the prosecutor of the international Public prosecution Office in Stockholm.
According to the police press release could no more information be provided on Wednesday evening.
Neither police or prosecutors have wanted to go out with what may be behind the kidnapping. They did not want to go out with the name and picture of the missing 23-year-old. Preliminary investigation, the prosecutor Elisabeth Hermanrud, had the assistance of the chief prosecutor Tora Holst in the past six arrests. Both appeared via video link from Stockholm.