Fun The Swedish poet Katarina Frostenson awarded the Nordic council literature prize for the poetry collection “Songs and formulas”.
Nordic council litteraturjury preferred Katarina Frostenson in front of the other 13 nominees to the authors.
- It is a big prize for poetry and I think that is really nice. It is also, of course, a prize for my poetry and I am delighted, said Miller in his acceptance speech.
Afterwards she tells us that it felt nervous when her name was read out.
- I’ve been nominated a couple of times in the past, so it’s fun when it becomes a prize to the end, ” says Katarina Frostenson to the TT.
- It is, of course, a lot of money, so there is a heavy price that way. It is an attention that is strong and will not only from their own language area. That the members of the jury from the other nordic countries appreciate my text is fine.
What Katarina Frostenson to do with the prize money, she has not had time to think about.
- But for a writer, it means always of writing time and skrivro to get the money. So I shall write, I may well respond.
Hailed by Witt-Brattström
prior to the distribution of the Nordic council literature prize said Ebba Witt-Brattström, author and professor of nordic literature, that she hoped that Katarina Frostenson would receive the award.
- It is an amazing book of poetry and she is a great poet who has become all the more readable for a wider audience, ” says Witt-Brattström.
After the ceremony is Ebba Witt-Brattström really happy that Miller been honored.
- It is her very well-unt, ” she says.
Poesiförläggaren Jonas Ellerström also enjoy Frostenson price.
- It is excellent. We are talking about one of contemporary poetry’s recognised authorship, ” he says.
it is a collection of poems awarded the prize welcome, too.
- It is a genre which, of course, can never be as commercially successful as narrative prose, but that, for me, is an extremely important and valuable literary genre.
the Norwegian film award-winning
the award Ceremony was also a glädjestund of the Norwegian film in general, and the director, Joachim Trier in particular. Trier, nominated for the third time, received the Nordic council film prize, along with the screenwriter Eskil Vogt, and the producer Thomas Robsahm for “Louder than bombs”. It is the first time a Norwegian production to be given the award.
the Evening’s winners all get a prize of the equivalent of 465 000 kronor.
Facts: All the prize winners
the Nordic council literature prize: Katarina Frostenson, Sweden: “Songs and formulas”
Nordic council film prize: Joachim Trier, Eskil Vogt and Thomas Robsahm, Norway: “Louder than bombs”
the Nordic council music prize: Hans Abrahamsen, Denmark: “Let me tell you.”
the Nordic council children and young adult literature: or e Már Arngrímsson, Iceland: “Sölvasaga unglings”
the Nordic council environment prize: the App “Too good to go”, Denmark.