33 000 visitors.
After four intensive days, the Sweden Rock over – and the folk festival visitors have the judgment clear.
– Sweden Rock is the best festival in Europe, says Roz Doherty, 44, who traveled all the way from Ireland.
Four days of intense festival spirit is over.
Sweden rock 2016 was a sold out success, when names like Queen, Hellacopters and Slayer attracted more than 30 000 to Blekinge Norje every day.
– this has been the best arrangement for all the years, there have been just fine, says the Sweden rock CEO Mats Natvig, which emphasizes festival workers groundwork as a linchpin that made the 2016 Sweden rock as well.
Praises Sweden rock festival
And the festival visitors nor had they so much to complain about. The Irish Errol Lynch, 44, and Roz Doherty, 44, was in place for the 17th year in a row.
– It is always good line-up here, they say, and gives Sweden the rock grade: best of throughout Europe.
But it is not only the artistic offer that makes Sweden the rock to the success it has been.
– it’s the people at the festival that makes the whole thing with music. Everyone is friendly here, said Mikael Selin, 60, from Stockholm.
This is why Sweden rock so good
Lena Karlsson, 58, from Karlshamn perhaps sums it up best of all:
– I’ve been here every 25 years and it’s all love at the festival that is so wonderful. The mix of people and music is amazing, she says.
The CEO Mats Natvig is difficult to single out any specific, individual component that makes this year’s festival was the best of all. But when it comes to picking out a favorite gig during the four days he clear picture: Hellacopters gig Friday night.
– they reunited here and play together after eight years – it was awesome. I saw almost the whole show and it’s not often I can get out and do it, says Natvig.
Follow the Evening Post on Facebook and Twitter – where you can discuss and comment on all our items!