Gainesville called Eskilstuna new music festival. A seemingly chance encounter led to José González and Hajen will play at Power Park on 20 August.
the festival takes place on Strömsholmen, Saturday, August 20.
Tickets released April 7 and can be ordered via biljettforum.se
– There is a musical life and music history in Eskilstuna. It feels natural to place the festival, says Gainesville founder Janne Kleman.
He has a long experience of the festival work, including as an artist bookers at the Hultsfred festival for 15 years. After working with major events felt Janne he wanted to arrange a small event, where there was time to hang out between gigs while you could munch awesome food.
– At the Hultsfred had always renounce ties to time to socialize with friends. The idea of Gainesville was to catch both bands and snack, says Janne.
The festival was organized originally in 2012 at Norra Djurgården in Stockholm. But even though it went well flowed on events out of steam – until about a year ago.
– I was out walking on Drottninggatan in Stockholm and saw Martin Roos. We knew each other and started talking and decided to revive Gainesville, Eskilstuna. Town has a music scene and a music history that makes it feel natural to the festival there, says Janne, who have their roots in Sala.
The idea for the event, which takes place on Strömsholmen August 20, is the same previously: various artists and chillat suspension. Complete bookings are Hajen, José González, Local Natives and Lissie, both of the latter from the US. The program will be supplemented by a further four artists and dj’s.
Are you going to have a local focus current bands?
– We will not Kent have, no, Jamie laughs. But there are some thoughts about local bands, even if nothing is decided. We have a singer-songwriter-wire that we want to keep up with our bookings, says Janne.
Mike Lönnegren announced that from resort Eskilstuna’s hold are very pleased to have recruited to Gainesville city.
– We are very proud to have been hit the festival, and it strengthens Eskilstuna’s brand. Music is in our city’s DNA, and it is here Gainesville to receive flower, says Micke.
How long do you work with the festival?
– We have a three-year perspective in a first stage and is aiming primarily at getting Gainesville established during this period, says Micke.