Thursday, November 10, 2016

Åke Cato is dead – was 82 years old – Aftonbladet

the Author and maintainer Åke Cato is dead, 82 years old.

– My dear friend Åke died yesterday evening. It is so infinitely sad, writes Sven Melander on Instagram.

the Entertainer Åke Cato, known for, among other things, sketcherna with the chefs Werner & Werner, in the "Nöjesmassakern", has died at 82 years old.

– My dear friend Åke died yesterday evening. It is so infinitely sad, writes Sven Melander on Instagram.

At the side of the "Nöjesmassakern" and "Thanks for the coffee" has Cato also wrote for many tv programs.

"Humorous to the last"

the Death is also confirmed by the close friend and colleague Michael Neumann.

” I am sad today, but there was nothing else Åke would rather than that it would take the end of the year. Therefore, I have already a bright memory of him. It was the best thing that could happen. But although he had been ill for a long time so he was humorous in the end, it was he indeed, ” says Neumann.

Together, wrote Neumann and Cato more of Eva Rydberg’s he writes at Fredriksdalsteatern. They worked together for over 20 years.

I stood him very close. The best you can say about Åke is that he was genuine. A undisguised man and a very good companion. I met him two days ago. Then he said "you may feel free to cry a squirt, but you shall not mourn, for you shall know that this is what I want. I have had a great life and is happy and grateful for what I have had," says Michael Neumann.

long term illness

Åke Cato had been sick for a long time when he went away on Wednesday. Among other things, he suffered from copd and congestive heart failure.

– Now the last time he got a blood poisoning. He had so many ailments, could neither go or stand. He has it much better where he is now, I’m convinced, ” says Michael Neumann.

Åke Cato was set that he would soon die. A few weeks ago, he rang his friend to say goodbye.

” We talked a bit about the funeral. Then two hours later he felt much better. Then he rang up again and quoted Mark Twain and said that the rumor of my death are significantly exaggerated. He always had something funny to say. I will miss him deeply.

Article updated

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment