Upwards of three hundred expectant Harry Potter fans queued on Saturday night outside the SF bookstore in the Old Town in Stockholm before the release of the new book.
Many dressed in wizarding hoods and self-made creations inspired by JK Rowling’s magical world.
– We look forward to a lot of fun and very amazing, says Alba and Fanny, who queued since four o’clock this morning.
So, this summer’s big literary event a fact, at least if you ask Harry Potter fans around the world.
in the night landed at last follow-up “Harry Potter and the Cursed Child” in bookshelves . And in Stockholm had Science Fiction Bookstore on night between Saturday and Sunday.
Queued since this morning
Dot clock 01:01 opened the doors for those who wanted to put their hands on the book. But already at 22 o’clock on Saturday evening coiled queue of fans expected full length along the street outside the store in the Old Town.
– We have queued for five to four this morning. The first seven hours completely alone. It was worth it, says Alba Lundström Ramirez and Fanny Beuchel, one dressed in a custom tailored clothing depicting wizarding school Hogwarts and the other with Hufflepuff-shirt.
They were not alone. Many in the place was dressed, each more imaginative than the other, and it felt like the wizarding world for a while have taken a step into the real world, among us, “muggles”.
The bookstore had the night to glory except to arrange a tricky quiz with questions about Harry Potter namely, announced a competition for the best costume.
“Something I waited a long time”
Jonathan Carlsson, 19, had been sitting outside bookstore and waited for ten for eight in the evening, wearing a red and yellow scarf with a badge from Gryffindor. The boarding house that seems to be most popular among the fans in place.
He delayed time by reading J.K. Rowling’s previous novel “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.” And he thinks without doubt that the new book is worth waiting.
– Clearly. It is something I have been waiting for a very long time, said Jonathan.
“Harry Potter and the Cursed Child” is a play written by Jack Thorne. Officially, the premiere in London on Saturday, but after several sneak previews over the summer has already been met with rave reviews. After much pressure from the fans decided to also drop the script in book form.
Over 1000 pre-reservations
The story takes place 19 years after the Harry Potter defeated Voldemort in the last book. The other day stated Maths Claesson, store manager at the Science Fiction Bookstore, Aftonbladet that they have already passed the 1000 advance bookings from fans who wanted to make sure to get a copy.
– I’m a huge Harry Potter fan. I started to read thanks to the Harry Potter books when I was eight years old and now I’m 23, so I have loved Harry Potter all my life so it feels like a really cool thing to be here when the book is released, said Kael Harmia, who also she sat outside and waited for a few hours.
– I’m just psyched in general. It will be great to get new material.
“Harry Potter and the Cursed Child” will be released in Swedish in October.