Limit Examiners for the few and passengers tried to push past freezing at Kastrup.
After the game a great concert by the American artist Beyoncé in Copenhagen last night was chaotic. Kastrup forced hundreds of returning Swedes wait for hours on the trains.
– What happened was that there were really many travelers at once, which was difficult to handle for the ID controllers who were on duty, says Henrik Møller Jakobsen of the Copenhagen police.
When the capacity is not enough to check passports, trying a number of travelers to push past the barriers.
– When deciding controllers to call the police to get help to manage the situation.
One of those who found themselves on the platform where Swedish Emma Waller. Congestion was great, as are the press to come on board the 0:25 train to Sweden, she says.
waiting for the train tried several concert goers telephone for a taxi to get to Sweden.
– we were so sure we were impressed by the crowd on the train. I saw some police officers and security guards, and it did not seem real that they could handle the situation, she says.
The train managed to close the doors while the cars were not yet completely full. Once in the train travelers were allowed to wait.
– They decided not to force us out again, without checking our passports inside the train instead, says Emma Waller.
In the same stage – a few minutes before 01.00 – also came one of the fairly common alarms that someone was trying to get to Sweden by train tunnel.
– that’s right. But train operators chose not to stop traffic completely, but just run at reduced speed.
It is the Danish DSB is responsible for manning Kastrup with security guards who carry out passport checks. If they were aware of the upcoming onslaught of Beyoncé audience is unclear.
– Usually, the crew was on Sunday night at midnight. It is a time when there is seldom much staff, says Henrik Møller Jakobsen.
Police emphasizes that no people have been arrested. No disturbances or fights occur even among the waiting crowd at Kastrup.
Sydsvenskan looking DSB for comment on how the manning of border controls at Kastrup works at major events and many travelers .
Post a Comment