In September last year passed the queen the previous record and became the longest serving British monarch ever. But the historic milestone was not the Queen wanted to celebrate.
The Queen has made it clear that she does not want any commotion, said one of her closest associates then to the Daily Mail.
On Thursday it is 90 years since a little girl, a princess, was born at 17 Bruton Street in London’s Mayfair. Nor birthday is expected to be celebrated scale of the protagonist himself.
But she’ll have to count on the people doing it.
For the British royalists is her 90th birthday a historic event.
november 20, 1947 married Elizabeth with Prince Philip, who renounced their prince titles in Greece and Denmark and became Prince Philip. The following year was born the couple’s first child, Prince Charles. (Photo: Alastair Grant)
No one believed that the newborn princess, who was number three in succession, would one day take over the throne. Her father, George, would not really be king – his older brother Edward was the one who would take over. But when he abdicated, under very startling forms, instead became Elizabeth future Queen.
When the father died of cancer, she was taking over the throne, much earlier than expected, only 25 years old.
During his many decades on the throne, queen Elizabeth has harvested 12 prime ministers and experienced successes and setbacks.
One of the most difficult private periods marked by crisis years before and after Princess Diana’s death. After the tragic death crash in Paris appeared the Queen as callous when the country was struggling with grief and their queen shut himself at the residence in Scotland and refused to speak. Flower sea grew outside the gates at Buckingham Palace at the same rate as the anger among the people.
Diana and queen Elizabeth. (Photo: Martin Cleaver)
People’s confidence in the queen and the British royals were then low, but later improved again.
A new study, carried out by Ipsos on behalf of King’s College in London, shows the queen’s position in the UK is now strong. The support for the monarch is higher than it was twenty years ago. 75 percent of people believe that the monarchy has an important role in the UK’s future and that most Britons would like to see the queen remains on the throne as long as possible. Only one in five surveyed hope that she will retire, compared with about half in 1981.
“On the question of the monarchy would survive another 50 years responded to the majority of people when they did not believe it. It has completely changed now “
– The Queen is hugely popular. For the next 20 years ago when it all went wrong for the royal family, especially after Diana’s death, and a few years after that, showed most of the indicators that were shaky. Monarchy opponent was confident that support for them was growing, says Professor Roger Mortimore at the Institute of Contemporary British History at King’s College Newsweek continues:
– On the question of the monarchy would survive another 50 years accounted the majority of people when they did not believe it. It has completely changed now. The Queen and the royal family has done well to turn public opinion. Most people in the UK feel that the monarchy is part of their national identity, says Mortimore to Newsweek.
queen Elizabeth has no plans to downsize. (Photo: WPA Pool)
Nothing suggests that queen Elizabeth has any plans to downsize or withdraw, even if the question asked many times since the 65th anniversary, 1991.
Queen Elizabeth is still visible ride regularly, she was driving herself and spends a lot of time outdoors with his dogs . The working week is still five days to the start at nine o’clock every morning and end only at 23 o’clock.
Last year she carried out 341 official engagements. She will dutifully accept state visit opens Parliament each year and does not miss the traditional meeting every week with the incumbent Prime Minister.
– The work is what allows her to continue, it is discipline and her determination to fulfill her role . As long as she continues her health. I think her team will try to convince her that it’s just too much, and that she should try to reduce the workload, but this is what she has always done, says Ingrid Seward, editor of Majesty magazine to The Scotsman.
Queen family. “I see her still more like the Queen than my grandmother. They have a huge respect for his manager and I always see her as my boss, and sometimes my grandmother, “said Prince Harry in the BBC.
Although Queen is one of the world most famous people she is still a secret. She has never given any interviews. Ahead of the 90th anniversary, several British television channels, however, tried to get the monarch just around the life and succeeded better than before.
A television crew was commissioned by the British television channel ITV followed the regent behind the scenes. The film shows the pages of the Queen as the people never otherwise get se.Vid one occasion when she filmed the Queen for a ride home on Windsor Castle feeding one of his horses – also named Elizabeth – with a carrot. The Queen, with great love for horses, bursting into a big smile.
She and her husband Prince Philip have also shared the family’s own films.
Prince William, who one day in the future to take over as king says in Our Queen at 90 about how grateful he is for the queen let him take the time necessary to prepare to one day become king. He also shares the sometimes bizarre moments that can occur in the grandmother’s presence.
“There is much trembling knees and sometimes people can not get a word out”
Some become very excited and nervous when they hit her and I have seen some comic moments. I have seen people fainting in front of her, said William.
Another common reaction Queen encounter is – silence.
– It is much trembling knees and sometimes people can not obtain a words, said Prince William.
the wife Kate received much support by the Queen during her first time in the family. She tells of a visit to Leicester when her husband could not follow and she instead was joined by his grandmother.
– She was very supportive. That she took the time to make sure I had a good time and was cared for that specific moment, that everything she does is just a little thing, showed how thoughtful she is, says Kate.
“People seemed to forget when she became the longest reigning monarch that it was only because her father died at a young age. So you know, for her it is mixed feelings. And that’s a record that she would not have needed to have, “said the Princess Anne told the BBC.
In a documentary the BBC did tell Prince Harry about who’s the boss in family:
– I see her still more like the Queen than my grandmother. They have a huge respect for his manager and I always see her as my boss, and sometimes my grandmother, says Prince Harry in the BBC.
Princess Anne, the queen’s daughter, says in the documentary that it was not wonder that the historic milestone of 2015 was not celebrated.
– Do not forget that there were two sides to it. People seemed to forget when she became the longest reigning monarch that it was only because her father died at a young age. So you know, for her it is mixed feelings. And that’s a record that she would not have needed to have, says Princess Anne told the BBC.
Princess Eugenie, daughter of Prince Andrew, tells the story of one of the queen’s favorite places. The private residence of Balmoral in Scotland has become a place where she and her husband Prince Philip recovers.
– It’s the most beautiful place on earth. I think the mother is happiest there. Walks, picnics, dogs – a lot of dogs, there are always dogs, and people coming and going all the time, says Eugenie in the documentary.
the Queen celebrates at Windsor on Thursday. (Photo: Andy Rain / EPA / TT / EPA TT news agency)
the private birthday celebration held at home in Windsor Castle birthday 21 april. The same day, she will visit also one of Royal Mail’s jubilee post office, and head out to receive accolades from the people of Windsor. During the evening arrange Prince Charles and his wife Camilla a private birthday party.
But the next day it’s back to work, when President Obama comes to visit to the castle in Windsor.
The real festival takes place first later, in June. 10,000 people take part in a street party on the boulevard The Mall at Buckingham Palace.
“The celebration in April may seem low-key, but it is distributed over the next eight weeks,”
– The people will definitely be very happy to take part of the Queen’s birthday celebration and look back on her important life and career, says Professor Roger Mortimore to Newsweek.
the Queen celebrates her birthday twice tradition, as the actual birthday does not fall during the summer.
– it is important to remember that there are still a few months away from her official birthday. The celebration in April may seem low-key, but it is distributed over the next eight weeks, says Ingrid Seward to The Scotsman.
1926: was born Elizabeth Alexandra Mary on Bruton Street in central London , at the same address where the famous restaurant Hakkasan is today. The little girl was number three in succession and was nicknamed Lilibet.
1936: In November, her father King George VI and Elizabeth suddenly became next in line of succession.
1947: november 20 married Elizabeth with Prince Philip, who renounced his titles Prince of Greece and Denmark and became Prince Philip. The following year was born the couple’s first child, Prince Charles.
1952: February 6th king died after a brief illness. Elizabeth learned that her father was dead and that she would take over during a trip to Africa. The following year she was crowned queen.
1960: Having already received the children of Prince Charles and Princess Anne Elizabeth had two more children under 60′s. First, Prince Andrew, and four years later, the fourth and youngest child, Prince Edward.
1977: Queen acclaimed its first 25 years on the throne to celebrate the silver anniversary.
1982: the intruder Michael Fagan managed to get into Buckingham Palace and the Queen woke up because he had taken into her bedroom. Fagan was kept quiet by the Queen until police could arrest him.
1997: The Queen was strongly criticized for its handling of Princess Diana’s death. Meanwhile, the people mourned his princess kept the queen away in Scotland without commenting.
2006: First celebrated the queen’s 80th birthday and the year after it was discovered that Elizabeth became Britain’s oldest monarch and passed queen Victoria’s previous records.
2016: queen Elizabeth reaches the age of 90 years but shows no signs of wanting to downsize. The birthday is celebrated privately at Windsor with the official celebration in June.
Post a Comment