Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Loa Falkman: “I wake up and rattles off at night” – Aftonbladet

He is one of our most seasoned performers.

But the mission to read the poem that begins with the words “ring, watch, ring” at Skansen may even Loa Falkman to become nervous.

– I can wake up in the middle of the night and start rattling off it, he said.

Interviews, photo shoots, and even more interviews.

These are busy days for the actor and singer Loa Falkman , 67. Everybody wants a piece of the man who should shoulder perhaps our strongest New Year’s tradition.

– Somebody said “Now it’s you and the King”. Well it was a bit exaggerated, but in a way it is a fact. He has his Christmas speech and now I have my speech on New Year’s Eve, he said.



“Make it Mine”

Almost exactly a year ago read Jan Malmsjö “New Year’s Bells” for the last time.

Soon it’s time for Loa Falkman to make New Year’s debut. And he has worked intensively with the text.

– I make it mine. It is an approach so that we can become one with each other. I take in my life experience, my associations and my values ​​to make the text of the mine, he said.



“Always nervous”

– I have lived with this ever since I got the question . I can wake up in the middle of the night and rattling poem.

Are you nervous?

– Absolutely, I’m always nervous when I shall stand. There is a tension that try to exploit its capabilities to the fullest.

He continues:

– It does not matter that I have been in business for 40 years. But I do not see the nervousness as something negative. It is essential to be on your toes for it to be fine.

According Loa Falkman came the question of succeeding Jan Malmsjö as a surprise.

– I was very surprised and flattered . People around has for many years said that “you should not take and read this text?”. It’s lovely, but I have not thought that it would actually happen.



Positive continuation

Now hope 67-year-old on a cloudless New Year’s night.

– Last year I sang at the Grand Square in Örebro before 25,000 people. When singing “O Holy Night” and it is a moderate gale and snowstorm and snow blowing down the neck so it is quite heavy. I hope it will be a decent weather. Above all, I hope it becomes a starry night so the audience can see all the fireworks.

Jan Malmsjö read “New Year’s bells” for twelve years. Loa Falkman does not exclude that there may be more readings at Skansen.

– We have not said anything about a possible continuation. But I would not mind it.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment