Channel 5 and its sister channels disappear most probably from Telia range at midnight – and into the last being negotiated between the two.
The setting offers customers the Fox and National Geographic.
– If there is something that is comparable to Channel 5, Channel 9, Channel 11, Eurosport channels, Discovery Channel and TLC – and a fair compensation – it’s a thing between Telia and Telia’s customers, said Dan Panas, press officer at SBS Discovery.
Like Expressen could tell yesterday at risk SBS Discovery channels, with the flagship Channel 5 in the lead, to be ejected from Telia’s range at midnight on 31 March. This is because they have not agreed on how the channels will be packaged in Telia’s range.
One solution has not been reached during the day, according to Irene Krohn, press officer at Telia.
– No it is well nothing new there. However, we posted information now about the replacement channels that we offer instead.
Have you had any more discussions during the day?
– We are where we were yesterday. We still keep the door open for talks, but if I say so here, it’s not so huge probability that it will be different.Then they disappear from your portfolio ?
– Yes I would think so. But it’s not April 1st yet, and we are still open to talks said.
READ MORE: Critical against Telia.
The channels that Telia instead offer is the news channel Fox, National Geographic and NatGeo Wild. Those tvpaketet Large will have full access to HBO’s choice.
They also added the ability to cancel the service today, without notice, for those who are not satisfied with the new range.
SBS Discovery’s press officer Dan Panas do not want to make any assessment of compensation channels.
– I can only conclude that National Geographic and Fox together account for one percent of the total TV viewing in Sweden and that together they are about as big as the Discovery Channel. If there is something that is comparable to Channel 5, Channel 9, Channel 11, Eurosport channels, Discovery Channel and TLC – and a fair compensation – it’s a thing between Telia and Telia customers.
Although he believes that the door is open for discussion.
– we hope that this should not have become a reality. After midnight the night are our channels available from all other distrubutörer and we see no reason why we could not exist even with Telia. Here are our door open.However, have you had any discussions today?
– I can not and will not comment on ongoing negotiations. I note that there have been some statements in the newspapers from Telia’s side but I can not comment on the negotiations.
Follow Expressen Entertainment on Facebook – where you can comment and discuss our articles.
Post a Comment