Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Joel Alme today in Swedish – Göteborgs-Posten

Joel Alme is in the mother city to talk about his new album Escape League. In a familiar playground, a soccer field and a central coffee shop, the memories come back.

When we pass a sidewalk on the way up against the giant staircase in Haga reacts body memory Joel Alme. It is unclear whether the 35-year-old father of two is aware of it himself, but he begins to walk a tightrope on the edge. As a boy.

It is only here, when we come out of the cafe Jacob in Haga, as Joel Alme relaxes and opens up for real. It was in this district he grew up. It is here, in the area around the playground soldier, he feels at home.

– I often long to return. But the big egoåldern is between 20 and 30. It’s over now for me. It is the children’s turn to decide, and they have the school, kindergarten and friends in Stockholm. Maybe one day it will be to return, who knows, he says.

We pause at the area’s muddy football field, looking out over the vårgrå neighborhood while the call is in progress. One would think that the topic of the day is Joel Almes childhood, but that is not the case. The interview is supposed to be about the new album Escape offs that come out in stores today.

In fairness are the two inseparable.

– The disc is about this little plot that I grew up on. If old friends, relatives and me. Now that I have family I started thinking about why I’m in a certain way, about things that have happened, and why the friends ended up where they ended up.

Escape The league can be said to have a protagonist, it’s the singer’s best friend from childhood. Joel Almes cousin, who was born two weeks before him, and then his buddy to the time he died – 19 years old.

– Now you can see why it happened as it happened to him, why he ended up in bad circles and made criminal things. Then understood not. On the run scorers, he becomes a symbol of a person surrendered. To feel abandoned takes away a little of the light, to think that life ahead is fine. Sure, it’s great to live in the present, but one must also be able to see a little bit forward. What will happen to me when I get old? What are my dreams?

Have you made closing now?

– You’ll probably never finish the story, but the disc has felt like a stone in the shoe long time. The times I have felt bad, I have discovered that I am still pissed off at everything that happened. At my cousin went that route, and that virtually all of my mom’s family drank himself to death. She was the only one who survived without that shit. You have to solve that. Some might write a disc, others hit someone in the face, ask someone to go to hell or hug someone. Everyone has their way. I did like this.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment