Sunday, March 1, 2015

Mans: I was bullied at school – Aftonbladet

Here is the hidden truth behind the winning.

“Heroes” is about how Mans Zelmerlöw was bullied as a child.

– I was bullied and ostracized, he said.

He went straight to Friends arena with the song “Heroes”.

Mans Zelmerlöw , 28, roared in delight and stretched his fist in the air when the result was clear.

But what few know is that the song has a serious ground and a hidden message.

When Zelmerlöw planned number along with director Fredrik “Benke” Rydan and animator David Nordstrom they went through finalistens life.

Went through the story

They stuck particularly at a time in middle school.

– I was sitting with Benke and David who made the number and went through my life story. Then picked Benke a part of my life in fifth grade-sixth grade when I had gone from being a central part of the gang to be a much less central part, or to be ostracized simply says Mans Zelmerlöw.

It’s not just about being ostracized.

– I had a tough time there. I was ostracized and bullied especially by a guy, he says.

The lonely old man at the beginning of the song is Mans Zelmerlöw then.

– That thin man the symbol of me when I was alone he says.

New friend came

The rescue was a new friend whom he met during a summer vacation.

– I started playing tennis with him and he took me to the heart, and got me into my old gang again. And he played then by me in this issue, that’s why this thin man marching with all his friends in this issue and we are doing high five in the end, he said.

The two are still best friends .

– The song is a tribute to the guy who’s one of my best friends to this day, he says.

Mans Zelmerlöw are pleased with your performance even if the song could have been better.

– I think the number is canon. I sang not optimal in the first through jung no, but it is allowed to live, I would say.

Do you have any message to Eric Saade and Jon Henrik Fjällgren which many see as the favorites in the finals?

– No special to them, but only to all the finalists make it awfully fun to come to the Friends and compete against them. And that this song is also for Sweden.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment