Tuesday, November 24, 2015

The August refugee crisis – Swedish Radio

This year’s laureates at the August Gala concerns in various ways one of the most topical issues of our time – the refugee crisis.

the August Gala went in contemporary characters. The four award winners of one of Sweden’s most prestigious literature prize gave his works a voice to themes such as migration, loneliness, isolation and vulnerability of those who flee their country.

The prize for children’s and young adult was awarded to writer Jessica Schiefauer When the dogs will , a small Swedish town in the 90s where a hate crime forms a backdrop for a love story.

– We live in a hard society where many seek to distinguish between us and them. Although I have gone back to my 90s and portrayed it as I remember, it is the today’s 17-year-olds and their 2015 or so I depict the same time. And it’s very scary, I think, that we in 20 years can forget everything, says Jessica Schiefauer.

Prize winner in the category best non-fiction book , science journalist Karin Bojs, says in the book My European family – the last 54,000 years, , about how mankind came to populate Europe, by tracing his own DNA and that way she puts an end to many myths.

– The new DNA technology shows how Europe populated by waves of immigration. Questions that archaeologists fought for 100 years is basically solved now, and I’m the first in the world to have told this story, she says.

It was the writer Jonas Hassen Khemiri who won the prize in the fiction category and let a few Stockholm destinies collide in his novel All I remember , which builds on two big losses in the author’s own life. In the novel, we follow the dead main character Samuel, who live on in other people’s memories in a book that is about managing losses.

– I do not believe that it is possible to patch up a man, but it has always been My own approach life, to use words to find some stability. The experience of trying to write back a man is in the book, I think, says Jonas Hassen Khemiri.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment