Saturday, November 28, 2015

Nilsson on Taube: “Wanted to shout” – Sydsvenskan

– I understood the only one who has not heard this great song until right now. I have found myself in another place, it is strange, he said in the program.

Lisa Nilsson, love Mauro Scocco-written song, but while describing it as a “forced marriage”, estimated Sven-Bertil Taube’s ignorance of “Heaven around the corner”.

– So nice that damn song, which followed me so closely, could be non-existent. Or, you know, this is a Swedish classic or it is nothing at all, just a song in outer space, among other songs, says Lisa Nilsson to TT.

When Sven-Bertil then took the whole gang out and performed the song in the green with a white-clad orchestra, several of the artists who shed tears.

– I was impressed by my own muscle control in face inside, I just wanted to shout out straight. There were so many depths in the experience, with the right Sven-Bertil and life and song and Gotland and all of it, says Lisa Nilsson.

Otherwise, she was most impressed by Miriam Bryant’s interpretation of “All I Need”.

– That she turned the concept. You do not sit at home and cry over a man who left, to find a better man. There is such a feminist smash and redress in it, you are allowed to be angry. It was pretty damn liberating and what surprised me the most, says Lisa Nilsson.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment