The Dance Band The Queen Carina Jaarnek is dead.
She fell asleep in hospital last night after a stroke, confirms her husband for Nöjesbladet.
Dansbanssångerskan Carina Jaarnek is dead. Husband Niels Kvist Borg confirmed in a text message to Aftonbladet that 53-year-old singer passed away after a stroke.
She died Saturday evening at the South Hospital in Stockholm.
– This came without warning. Without warning. It was between the hours of 5 and 6. Then they came running to us and said we had to get into the room. Then, the blood pressure dropped, says her husband told Expressen.
Now mourned her music Sweden.
– Oh my God, it’s very tragic. She was a truly excellent performer and a positive person. She survived the music and it’s well done, says Bert Karlsson, who worked with Carina just over ten years ago when she was signed to his record label.
Carina Jaarnek debut at age 12 in the television program ” Nygammalt “for soloist in the music group Frösö girls.
Then she sang in Bosse Påhlsson orchestra and Alfstarz, before she started her own band Carissa Jaarneks orchestra and became Sweden’s first female conductor, 1989.
READ ALSO “Sat in the midnight sun and talked about life”
Participated in the Eurovision Song Contest
Jaarneks first Svensktoppen Rank came in 1986 with “Night Lights lights on heaven “.
She participated in Melodifestivalen 1994 together with his younger brother, Michael Jaarnek with the song” It’s never too late “and then as a solo artist under the name China Jaarnek with the song” Son of a Liar “in 2002.
She then told Aftonbladet that she and her husband together they designed the costumes.
– We bought the jacket and the pants then sewed us about themselves, and cut and pasted, she said.
In addition to popular music, she appeared still on the dance scene.
For around ten years ago, she left the dance floors and schooled itself to working with the health and beauty of the place.
– There she had long dreamed of, says friend and TV host Thomas Deutgen, known from “Dansbandskampen” and “P4 Dance” in Swedish Radio.
She also painted paintings. But the music did not she, in her husband’s house, she performed at Cinderella in duets with different bands.
– She was very broad in his music, one of the few dance band singers who could sing pop, rock and jazz, says Thomas Deutgen.
READ ALSO The colleagues: “My God, it’s very tragic”
The mother jazz singer
Her mother was a jazz singer, and her sister Towe Jaarnek she is also a singer.
Carina Jaarnek awarded Guldklaven for this year singer in 2005 and recorded the album “A Tribute to Elvis” Elvis backing band in Memphis, Tennessee, in 2005. She has also recorded songs in Los Angeles with the internationally known guitarist Albert Lee.
Carina Jaarnek had two daughters and a bonus daughter.