Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Thicke wrote not “Blurred Lines” – Swedish Dagbladet

“Having written and produced six albums all by myself would be my biggest hit written by someone else. I was jealous and wanted a share of the credit. The song would have been with or without me, I was just lucky that was in the same room when he wrote it, “explained Thicke in a court hearing in April.

The previously secret testimony made public on Monday and is part of a civil case where Marvin Gaye’s children has sued Robin Thicke and Pharrell Williams. They believe that “Blurred Lines” is well like their father’s song “Got to Give It Up.”

In the interview also says Robin Thicke because he was mentally absent when the song was written and recorded since he was abusing alcohol and painkillers. An addiction that continued throughout last year.

“I did not do a single interview sober,” said Thicke in law but added that he sharpened himself since he separated from his wife, Paula Patton, earlier this year.

A trial of ‘Blurred Lines’ case is scheduled for next year.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment