Friday, July 31, 2015

Rose garden singer’s death – Göteborgs-Posten

No, it is not Dolly Parton singing (I never promised you a) Rose Garden. The singer’s name was Lynn Anderson, and she died on Thursday of a heart attack 67 years old.

For their hit song (I never promised you a) Rose Garden rewarded Lynn Anderson both a Grammy and price Country Music Association’s female vocalist of the year 1971. It topped the country list and reached number three on the singles chart Billboard Hot 100

The song was written by Joe South, and has been interpreted by artists like kd lang Martina McBride and Kon Kan.

Country singer collaborated during his career with Lucille Ball, Bing Crosby, John Wayne and Tom Jones, and performed for Presidents Nixon, Ford, Carter and Reagan.

She was also featured in several episodes of the TV series Starsky and Hutch.

Among her other hits found Rocky Top, You’re my man, How can I unlove you and My husband ice.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment