Saturday, June 27, 2015

Gothenburg Girl at the Red Bull Music Academy – Göteborgs-Posten

The 17-year-old Gothenburg Girl handpicked for this autumn Red Bull Music Academy in Paris.

Congratulations! How does it feel?

– It is incredibly exciting. When I applied to the academy last fall I had to answer a big question booklet and send a couple of songs for the selection panel. Then came the news that I was the Swedish representative, taking just a person from every country, so it feels great.

What is the Red Bull Music Academy?

– It is really a kind of music academy. For two weeks together young musicians, producers and DJs from all over the world to make music together, establish contacts and further training. There will also be workshops, studio sessions and seminars with heavy people in the industry, previously among others, Brian Eno, Erykah Badu, Q-Tip and Questlove participated.

What are you most looking forward to?

– To meet interesting and talented people from Japan, Mexico, Iceland and lots of other countries. I also hope to get inspired to create new music, learn a lot and grow as a producer. There will also be fun to come to Paris, I have not traveled so much myself before, and to get there and get everything paid feels right cruel.

Who is Tove Agélii?

– I am a soon 18 year old girl from Gothenburg starting last year of high school in the fall, and doing lots of different things, especially music in different forms. I probably would primarily describe me as a producer and DJ, and I try to consciously avoid the genre of my music. But I create it in the computer so it is well some kind of electronica in the bottom.

And so have you taken the stage name Toxe (pronounced Tax, not as ox). Why?

– I took it just recently because I do not want my music linked to my name and thought it would be good to change before I go to Paris. Moreover, it both comfortable and liberating to be able to use a stage name.

What happens in the future Toxe then?

– (Laughter) Yeah you .. . I released my debut EP in November, next spring, I take the student and then I will really focus on the music. Out and play, touring, I have lots of awesome stuff that is uppdukade. By this time next year, when the bastards then.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment